Selena Gomez: The Daily Mail Interview


On choosing acting over singing: ‘Although I love my music, I definitely [a favourite word] want to be challenged as an actress – I want to do intense roles that will put me in a whole different place.’

On being grateful: ‘I was so upset at losing my first TV job that I cried,’ she says. ‘I’m fully aware all this could be taken away from me in the blink of an eye, which is why I have the attitude of being grateful for every single day.’

On taking on adult roles: ‘I’m trying to make the transition into grown-up films, so I’m taking baby steps into more adult roles by moving from family to teen movies – and I’m very honoured and excited to be working with Nicole.’

On being a role model: ‘You know what? I think it’s made me a better person,’ she shoots back. ‘I always ask myself, “OK, what would my fans think of me if I made this decision to lash out or say something rude?” I would never, ever want them to be disappointed in me, because they are the reason I’m here. So I’m honestly just thankful that they’ve made me think about my decisions more. Because I’m a kid, I’m a teenager, so if something makes me mad, I wanna be like, “That pissed me off” or “I don’t like that”

No comments:

Post a Comment